Monday, December 10, 2007


So yesterday we go out as a family to pick out a Christmas tree. Mike says we need some horse food first. So we stop off at the feed store. I had to go to the bathroom (as usual) and in the back there are three cats, with a sign on the cage that says FREE! When I am walking out Doe and Mike are gushing over the free cats , Mike says, I love barn cats, Doe asks if we could get one. I came to my senses and said no. Then the lady ..her name was Crystal, said there is the nicest kitty in the back and she is pregnant. We follow her to the dark cold yucky back room . We look in her little box. I fell in love instantly, I wanted to take her home and for her to have her babies in a safe place . So, I came out of my senses and told her we would take her! Crystal happily found us a box, and taped it up for us. The kids and I start walking to the car with the big box, and big giant grins on our faces.. Mike had no idea about the pregnant cat..He was loading the car at the time with the horse feed. All was good though. and we managed to get the tree with the cat waiting in the box. The kids even named her on the way home. They asked me what was the nice lady`s name again that helped us . I told them it was Crystal. So , our cute little pregnant cats new name is Crystal. She is doing fine, and we have no idea when she is due, but think before Christmas..i will keep you posted!


8 comments:

sugarcreekstuff said...

So sweet of you to provide a young, un-wed mother a save, loving home.

Donna said...

Hi Julie,
First I must say I love your banner! Great colors.
And how cute you brought home the cat, the pregnant cat! Hope you have lots of fun with the little ones when they arrive!
Hugs,
Donna

Dawn-Enigma Artist said...

Looking forward to Kitten photos!

What a bargain. I wonder how many kittens Crystal will have?

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie, you go out for a tree and you bring home an expectant cat!! That's so wonderful, can't wait to see the photos of Crystal's kittens :) Jenn and Jacqui

Felicia said...

Aw, what a wonderful Christmas kindness you've done of the that Crystal kitty :)

Deb said...

Such a great post Julie! Welcome
Crystal - the (very lucky) Christmas cat :-} Looking forward to seeing photos of her.

Dawn-Enigma Artist said...

Julie, Of course you may use the Reindeer Gift Bag for your project!

I have more directions for the top bag on my farm craft page from 2004. You might want to check it, too.
Craft Page I would use brown construction paper. Easier for the young ones to cut out hands.

Take pictures, please. :)

Thanks for entering my Giveaway.

FarmHouse Style said...

How wonderful...Christmas kittens:)

How very lucky Crystal is to have found such a kind hearted soul!

Rhonda

Blog Archive