Sunday, January 6, 2008

It`s a Beautiful Morning

We woke up to snow! I had to grab my camera..It wasn`t too cold so I knew it would melt by days end. I love it when it snows here..We are going for a drive up to Garden Valley Idaho. My dad wants us to check out some property for him. Today will be a great day to do that.

Tomorrow school starts. Benjamin will be going back to school with a whole new outlook on his life. He will be the only one in his school with type 1 diabetes. To be honest, I am very nervous. I think I may just stay in the parking lot at school all day.The nurse is there, and I feel she is very capable. Just a mothers worry I guess. It will be fine, I am sure..I have been cooking up a storm for him. He gained twenty five pounds in the last three weeks. He was very sick. and now he has his rosy cheeks back, and a lot more energy..my old boy is back! My kitchen has never seen so much activity, ever. I am not the chef..But now I am. That is just one thing that is different around here. It`s really fine though...I am not complaining. I like the change in the kitchen, but I just wish I was the one giving me the shots everyday, and not him. You never know what is around the corner. Good, not so good, or not so good at all..Taking life on life terms, and being OK with it. That's how i deal with it.

but really..this picture is so pretty! Don't you think?? and I have a lot more pots and plates, and little balls in the works. My kiln is not as busy as my kitchen, but it is getting there. I will be glazing today..I also have sold a few things on Etsy last week! hooray. I love when that happens. So off for a Sunday drive. Stay warm!

10 comments:

bridgmanpottery said...

we get snow so infrequently in Memphis that it's always a capital-E Event. Schools shut down, grocery stores run out of milk and bread, people drive like maniacs. We're not supposed to get any this year.

My boy goes back to school tomorrow, too. Can't wait to get back on the wheel!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hi Julie! gosh...I haven't stopped by for awhile and am so shocked to hear of your son's situation. This is quite a life changing time, to say the least. I have a friend whos son was dx'd with diabetes, insulin dependant, at age six. Quite a shock and something that the family had to adjust to. I pray that everything goes good for your son and I praise you for having to rethink, redo and readjust your life. But, our children are worth it - no matter what. Hugs to you and blessings and prayers your way,
Becky
xo PS: I did not know that the author of the book lived in So. Cal. I LOVE her book and how she put it all together. Small world, isn't it?

sugarcreekstuff said...

Hey Julie,
Catching up on blogs now that the kids are back to school. Glad to hear Ben is getting healthy. Love your photos. Also, I had hamsters as a kid, they like to bite, escape and run all night, never again. My daughter has a guinea pig. They like attention, only bite if your hands smell like food, and they sleep at night. They are larger than hamsters, harder to squish. We keep ours in an old, large aquarium. A dream pet for our family. Just thought I'd pass on the info.

Garden Valley Real Estate said...

Hi Farmer Julie, Each day I read blogs that I find about Idaho and Idaho folks. I love to meet new friends and learn about whats going on. In this way I happened across your fun and creative blog. I see that you visited Garden Valley. I would love to help if your Dad would like. I have lived in Garden Valley for 21 years and happen to be a realtor. My nephew was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last year. He is now a senior in high school. Like you his parents are afraid to let their child out of their site. They are all doing well taking one step at a time. Good luck to you in the new year.

Felicia said...

Beautiful picture indeed. Hope Benjamin is doing well in school :)

Deb said...

Such a pretty picture - very peaceful with the icy branches against the bright blue of the sky. Hope all went well with Ben on his first day back to school.

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie! Found you through your little Moo business card and then via the Flickr site. Linda and I met you on the road by your home/farm a couple months ago when we were looking for gardens for the garden tour. We secured the garden up the street that you recommended and still hope you will be on the tour, too! Love your blog and your photos. Digging your pottery too!

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie! Found you through your little Moo business card and then via the Flickr site. Linda and I met you on the road by your home/farm a couple months ago when we were looking for gardens for the garden tour. We secured the garden up the street that you recommended and still hope you will be on the tour, too! Love your blog and your photos. Digging your pottery too!

Donna said...

Hi Julie,
Hope Ben is doing well and stays healthy. I also hope he is doing wonderful back at school. I know that's got to be scary.
Take care.
Hugs,
Donna

farmerjulie said...

hi guys!
Hey Karhy: where do you live now??
mary Ann: Email me,
roosterbound@msn.com
glad you got the neighbors. She is a wonderful lady and gardner! so is her hubby!

thanks everyone for the nice comments about Ben..he is hanging in there. we both are! it is a challenge!

Blog Archive