Sunday, July 6, 2008

That is my garden ready to burst in blooms. It is hard to see, but there are dark purple dahlias, and helenium one of my favorite summer flowers, along with fever few, pumpkins, zinnias, sunflowers, and lot's of other little goodies. I am a frugal gardener. I learned how easy it was to let everything go to seed. Before you know it I had all of these little mini plants. It was like free plants! (The garden centers do not want you to know that). I had one plant of fever few three years ago, now I have hundreds. From ONE plant!.I also divide perennials, I have tons of bearded iris. I could go on and on. I would love to teach a class, or have people over to show them how easy it is. If you have a dog, you can have a garden. You would not let your dog go without water, right? Same with plants!
I am trying to take pics for my Etsy header..I think it may be too bright. It gets dark around 10:30 at night here. That what I love about summer..those long days.

Enough about gardens.. My kids ..they are doing great. Me, i am a nervous wreck( still.) The kids were fitted with their insulin pumps on Friday. Just practicing for now with saline solution. Thank goodness. Because we were at the diabetes center for three hours, and the reality of the disease set in with me, and I was exhausted, plus so much to learn. Later in the week they will switch to insulin, and that is where the fun begins. I will be waking them up every two hours to check their blood sugar. I am getting my rest now,because you know i need at least ten hours a night. I cannot function without my sleep for some reason. So I may not be around here much. That's what is going on in my neck of the woods. I never imagined I would have to deal with all of this. I am following their lead, they are the ones who are handling it so well. Thank goodness there is someone in this house thats calm, cool, and collected. and it is not their mother! Bye for now.


9 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

Your garden is lovely! I love your picket fence, too.:-)

Diabetes is a whole new world. My Dad found out that he has Type 2 a few years ago and we were all in shock. No history in our family, but you never know... Try and take care of yourself, too. It's wonderful being a Mom, but so often we run ourselves ragged. Be good to yourself- you deserve it!:-)

Lori

sugarcreekstuff said...

I love your pots and your variety of flowers, the colors make me swoon!

I am thinking of you and your sweet brave babies.
I am the same way with sleep, maybe you and your hubby can take shifts?

Donna said...

Your garden is wonderful, Julie!

I'm glad to hear your children are doing well. It must be stressful, but being the great mother you are, I'm sure everything will be fine.
Hugs,
Donna

Anonymous said...

That square chunk of green garden is so beautiful to me. :) And I am in love with your pots!

noodle and lou said...

Julie, I would be first in line for your gardening class:):) You know how much I adore your gardens:) Can't wait to see your dahlia's in full bloom...they are my favorites!! Sending you and those sweet kids hugs:):)
xox..jenn

Heather said...

Your garden is gorgeous! I love the raised beds, they look so neat! My garden tends to go crazy and have that unorganized wild look...we'll call it 'cottage garden.' I would love to do raised beds though.
And too bad you're not just down the road! I'd totally come over for some lessons!

Deb said...

Your garden is looking amazing Julie. So happy to hear that your kids are doing so well :-} Sending best wishes to you.

Stink Bone Jones said...

wow, I am loving your garden. I live in Florida and as of late, I'm trying to plant ANYTHING that giant grasshoppers or the sun won't kill. By the way, is that a picture of an African Violet of yours? I have one and I am doing everything right and no bloom. Is it my fertilizer?

Unknown said...

Julie,

Your pottery is gorgeous! I also love your garden. I am glad that your kids are doing OK....

annie

Blog Archive