Friday, June 6, 2008




Hello! I am back..Things are going pretty well and school ended this week. That means I don't have to drive there and back three times a day checking on them, and giving shots, and bringing hot lunches.. I am getting the hang of things, little by little. And I should say the kids are doing great. Better than me. I am not complaining. Could be worse..I contacted the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. I found out there is a lunch get together at a park in our town in two weeks! Perfect timing. I figure I best get involved, and find resources for my kids. Apparently there are some fundraisers. It is called walk to cure Diabetes.I will keep you posted what I learn.

My peonies are BLOOMING! I have more this year than any other. I decided I want to be a peony farmer..There is a lady in our town that has an Iris garden. I could do peonies in my spare time! Right??

I have some pots firing in the kiln..I will be loading some more up on Etsy tomorrow. That`s all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and do what makes you happy..at least one thing.OK?? Do it!

8 comments:

sugarcreekstuff said...

Those flowers look amazing! I think a peony farmer may be your calling, as well as the vases to put them in. In your spare time.
;-)

Deb said...

Hi Julie
So happy things are going well & that you have a great support system in your community! Your flowers are absolutely stunning & peony farmer sounds ideal :-} Our peonies are still closed so it was so nice seeing yours!
Enjoy your weekend.

Lisa Gallup said...

Your flowers are GORgeous!! I love peonies - my mil has tons of them in Kansas. I planted two here, but it just gets too darn hot for them I think. :( Plus, they get COVERED in ants - do yours get that? I think they are such beautiful flowers.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I think you are probably the best peony farmer I have ever known. Look at those beauties!! I have never grown these, but really love them.

Glad to hear that you have a support group for Juv. Diabetes. It will be such a great network for you. There are so many children who have this disease. Just learn all you can.

Blessings,
Becky

Donna said...

I love peonies! It's a great idea to have a peony farm, Julie! They are such a beautiful flower.

Glad to hear about the support group. It's wonderful to know there is something like that around.
Hugs to you,
Donna

Roses and Lilacs said...

I love your bouquets! The one in the blue and white pitcher is stunning.

Spending some time wandering around your blog

Liz Harrell said...

Fantastic flowers!

Petit Elefant said...

I love the pink against the blue & white pitcher. So pretty.

Blog Archive