Thursday, July 31, 2008

More Camping

Here is that bear spray that I was talking about. The can looks small, but it is not. Luckily I only saw six bears, and didn't have to use it.
this girl can fish.

And here she is in all of her camping glory. A true camper. Diabetes is not slowing her down. Two months after being diagnosed..Not one complaint. A true champ. I am proud. Can you tell?
Ben left for another camp. Diabetes camp two days early from Trinkus Lake. He is still there, and I am sure learning a ton. It is the same camp that Greer went to. Mike and Hannah walked out and drove him nine hours to camp. Would not miss it!

So now I am hanging out in Montana. With my mom and sister. My dad flew to Alaska this morning and went on a big fishing trip. Tomorrow we are going to see Mama Mia. We have been huckleberry picking, and now the local cherries are ready. I am going to buy a bunch and make something. No clue yet. Any ideas from all of you creative folk??

3 comments:

Lisa Gallup said...

Love, LOVE all your Montana pics! This is my kind of country (AND my kind of camping). :) Your dad looks great - they grow those forest service men tough, don't they??

Petit Elefant said...

Dried cherries are pretty tasty come Winter. Cherry fruit leather mixed in with another fruit is really tasty too.

Carl said...

You are quite a gal. You have such a great attitude and you are inspiring. Sooo your mom is not a camper? I think at this age the hotel with waiters and fine linen is my thing. Farming is good at home but I'll take the easy life when I travel. Such a boob! YOU are the darling!!
I hope your chilredn are doing well.
Joanie

Blog Archive