This is an old box. I think I used them when I had the flowers stands. I had two left over. I used one block of oasis. That is that green spongy thing in the center. I soaked it in water overnight, and i lined the box with plastic.
I cut the stems really short. There is not method to my madness. The only tip I can give is when you place the stems in the oasis, place then towards the center. Imagine a little ball in middle of the oasis, and point the end of the stem towards that. It makes it more natural looking. Like it is growing.
I used lilac, viburnum, tulips, salvia, geranium, euphorbia, and columbine. I used the foliage from the flowers to cover up the oasis.